6 Ways to Get Started Now
The Internet is going mobile in a hurry. Business owners who wait risk losing out. Our lead article looks at 6 tools to help you start lighting up cell phones of customers and prospects right now.
1. Feature Article: 6 Mobile Coupon Platforms for Merchants, by Stephanie Miles, streetfightmag.com
Miles opens with a can’t-ignore statement: Coupons sent by text message are 8 times more likely to be redeemed than those sent by email and 90% are opened within 3 minutes! She then highlights 6 applications to help you start getting business from mobile marketing now.
Full Article Here
- Cellit Spark – send coupons, alerts, and event information to customers via SMS messages; send unique redemption codes to each subscriber on your mailing list.
- Placecast – send text messages to customers in the vicinity of your store. Merchants can determine the radius to use for sending automated messages.
- Momares – send text coupons, invitations, and last-minute offers to customers’ mobile phones. Select a group of recipients, enter a brief message, choosing a delivery time, and click “Send.”
- Street Savings – Collect customer contact information online, by text or QR codes, then redeem text coupons by credit card terminals and point of sale systems.
- Qwikon – create and send mobile marketing offers to customers’ phones in less than one minute. Enter discount, limitation, and expiration date information easily, then send.
- Yowza – send offers to shoppers in the vicinity of your location; up to three coupons available for customers to use at any given time.
2. Fundamentals: Digital Coupon Users Shop More, Spend More, by Jack Loechner, Center for Media Research
Still not convinced? Loechner cites a 52-week industry study that shows why you should cultivate new and existing customers with digital coupons (both mobile and non-mobile). Compared to traditional shoppers, those who use digital coupons:
- make 22% more shopping trips per year;
- spend 23% more per trip;
- spend 49% more per year, and
- make 48% more “stock up” trips.
These are compelling numbers that can give your business an instant boost.
Full Article Here
3. Quick Hits
Thanks for your time!
Jim Bowman - ThePRDoc®
If you like this newsletter please forward it to a friend.
Subscribe to this newsletter at www.theprdoc.com/online-pr-newsletter-signup.html
What topics would you like to see covered in future articles? Please send me a note at ONLINE_Prescriptions@theprdoc.com
Copyright © 2012, J. R. Bowman & Associates, LLC